Los Angeles News
Body found in shallow grave on side of 105 Freeway in Downey
DOWNEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A homicide investigation is under way in Downey after a body was found near the westbound 105 Freeway.
The remains were discovered Sunday afternoon in a shallow grave near the Lakewood onramp. The area is said to be known for transient encampments.
Police have not released any information on the victim. Traffic slowed on the freeway as authorities conducted their investigation.
body found, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 10 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 32 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 37 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break