Los Angeles News
Ventura gang-related assault suspects sought
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old man was hospitalized following a violent assault by as many as five alleged gang members in Ventura Sunday.
The incident occurred on the 4600 block of Telegraph Road around 11:10 p.m.
Authorities say Adrian Morales, 21, of Oxnard was walking in front of Ventura College when a dark blue sedan pulled up next to him. Officers say four suspects jumped out of the vehicle, approached the victim and asked him where he was from.
After the victim said he wasn't from anywhere, the suspects began pulling on the victim's pants pockets in search of money. A suspect reportedly hit the victim with a bat as he attempted to pull away.
Then, police say, two other suspects started punching and kicking the 21-year-old before pulling out a black handgun and hitting the victim over the head.
The suspects jumped back in to their car without any money and fled towards the mall.
The victim walked to a nearby Domino's Pizza and called 911. He was transported to Community Memorial Hospital and treated for moderate injuries.
The five suspects were described as Hispanic males between 20 and 30 years old.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information regarding the assault and attempted robbery was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
Ventura County Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 reward for information which leads to the arrest and criminal complaint against the person(s) responsible for this crime. The caller may remain anonymous. The call is not recorded. Call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (8477).
fight, gang activity, los angeles news
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, man shot 24 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 29 min ago
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident 57 min ago
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela 29 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- ABC7 Eyewitness News Live Video
4 min ago