Los Angeles News
Ventura gang-related assault suspects sought
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old man was hospitalized following a violent assault by as many as five alleged gang members in Ventura Sunday.
The incident occurred on the 4600 block of Telegraph Road around 11:10 p.m.
Authorities say Adrian Morales, 21, of Oxnard was walking in front of Ventura College when a dark blue sedan pulled up next to him. Officers say four suspects jumped out of the vehicle, approached the victim and asked him where he was from.
After the victim said he wasn't from anywhere, the suspects began pulling on the victim's pants pockets in search of money. A suspect reportedly hit the victim with a bat as he attempted to pull away.
Then, police say, two other suspects started punching and kicking the 21-year-old before pulling out a black handgun and hitting the victim over the head.
The suspects jumped back in to their car without any money and fled towards the mall.
The victim walked to a nearby Domino's Pizza and called 911. He was transported to Community Memorial Hospital and treated for moderate injuries.
The five suspects were described as Hispanic males between 20 and 30 years old.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information regarding the assault and attempted robbery was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
Ventura County Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 reward for information which leads to the arrest and criminal complaint against the person(s) responsible for this crime. The caller may remain anonymous. The call is not recorded. Call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (8477).
fight, gang activity, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 33 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 5 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
8 min ago