Los Angeles News
'American Pie' actor Eddie Kaye Thomas' home is scene of LAPD standoff
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman was arrested following a standoff with police at the home of "American Pie" actor Eddie Kaye Thomas.
A Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team surrounded the actor's home in the 2500 block of Hargrave Drive at around 1 p.m. Wednesday as an unidentified woman, armed with a knife barricaded herself inside. The standoff lasted for nearly five hours.
Thomas starred as "Finch" in the "American Pie" movie series. He was not in the home at the time of the standoff.
Police fired tear gas and flash grenades into the house, and then entered and arrested the woman.
It remains unclear why she barricaded herself inside. Investigators have yet to release the name of the woman.
hollywood, celebrity, lapd, arrest, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months