Los Angeles News
'American Pie' actor Eddie Kaye Thomas' home is scene of LAPD standoff
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman was arrested following a standoff with police at the home of "American Pie" actor Eddie Kaye Thomas.
A Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team surrounded the actor's home in the 2500 block of Hargrave Drive at around 1 p.m. Wednesday as an unidentified woman, armed with a knife barricaded herself inside. The standoff lasted for nearly five hours.
Thomas starred as "Finch" in the "American Pie" movie series. He was not in the home at the time of the standoff.
Police fired tear gas and flash grenades into the house, and then entered and arrested the woman.
It remains unclear why she barricaded herself inside. Investigators have yet to release the name of the woman.
hollywood, celebrity, lapd, arrest, los angeles news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 29 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine 24 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete 59 min ago
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
37 min ago