Los Angeles News
'American Pie' actor Eddie Kaye Thomas' home is scene of LAPD standoff
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman was arrested following a standoff with police at the home of "American Pie" actor Eddie Kaye Thomas.
A Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team surrounded the actor's home in the 2500 block of Hargrave Drive at around 1 p.m. Wednesday as an unidentified woman, armed with a knife barricaded herself inside. The standoff lasted for nearly five hours.
Thomas starred as "Finch" in the "American Pie" movie series. He was not in the home at the time of the standoff.
Police fired tear gas and flash grenades into the house, and then entered and arrested the woman.
It remains unclear why she barricaded herself inside. Investigators have yet to release the name of the woman.
hollywood, celebrity, lapd, arrest, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 4 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
32 min ago