Los Angeles News
Pomona theft investigation nets narcotics arrest
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old teen is facing drug charges after he was found to be in possession of cocaine and methamphetamine packaged for sales Friday.
Police responded to the 1000 block of East Mission Boulevard around 10:35 a.m. to conduct a follow-up investigation of a recent theft.
When officers arrived, they located three male suspected Pomona gang members to the rear of the location. One of the subjects was found to be in possession of 26.2 grams of methamphetamine, 1.64 grams of cocaine, and a large sum of money.
Evidence suggests the suspect's intent was to sell the drugs since the narcotics were individually packed in small baggies for sales. Police said the drugs seized had an approximate street value of $2,800.
During the later investigation, officers learned the suspect also had a no bail arrest warrant from a previous robbery case.
arrest, drug cartel, los angeles news
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 35 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified 47 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 13 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians