Los Angeles News
LAUSD teacher charged with child pornography
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An LAUSD teacher was arrested on child pornography charges after he was found in possession of numerous illegal DVDs Tuesday.
Douglas Randolph Collins, 46, of Valencia was arrested at the Van Nuys Educational Service Center.
Police said Collins ordered and received numerous DVDs of child pornography through the mail.
The fifth grade teacher taught at Fernangeles Elementary School from 2004 through 2010.
Collins faces up to one year imprisonment and or a fine up to $2,500.
Anyone with questions regarding the case was urged to contact (877) 876-2455.
arrest, school, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 2 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 26 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
51 min ago