Los Angeles News
Body found in burning SUV in Rancho Palos Verdes
RANCHO PALOS VERDES, Calif. (KABC) -- Homicide detectives were working to determine whose charred remains were discovered in a burned-out SUV in Rancho Palos Verdes on Tuesday.
The body was found inside the parked SUV, which had apparently been set on fire, around 2:30 p.m. on private basketball court on a property at 30100 Miraleste Drive.
The age and gender of the victim were not immediately known.
The homeowners niece, who only wanted to be identified as Julie, said the basketball court is part of her aunt's property. Julie said her aunt told her she was OK and didn't know who the vehicle belonged to.
"The body was badly burned," said Lt. Holly Francisco of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "It's unsure at this time how the vehicle was set on fire. Our investigators are working with Arson to determin how that fire was started."
body found, homicide investigation, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis