Los Angeles News
Body found in burning SUV in Rancho Palos Verdes
RANCHO PALOS VERDES, Calif. (KABC) -- Homicide detectives were working to determine whose charred remains were discovered in a burned-out SUV in Rancho Palos Verdes on Tuesday.
The body was found inside the parked SUV, which had apparently been set on fire, around 2:30 p.m. on private basketball court on a property at 30100 Miraleste Drive.
The age and gender of the victim were not immediately known.
The homeowners niece, who only wanted to be identified as Julie, said the basketball court is part of her aunt's property. Julie said her aunt told her she was OK and didn't know who the vehicle belonged to.
"The body was badly burned," said Lt. Holly Francisco of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "It's unsure at this time how the vehicle was set on fire. Our investigators are working with Arson to determin how that fire was started."
body found, homicide investigation, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants