Los Angeles News
Toluca Lake home invasion victims tied up
TOLUCA LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A family in Toluca Lake came face to face with armed robbers who broke into their home early Wednesday morning.
The home invasion happened around 1:45 a.m. on Toluca Estates Drive, near Valley Spring Lane. Authorities said three men entered the home through a second-story window and tied up a man, woman and their 16-year-old son. One suspect pistol-whipped the son across the face, according to police.
Investigators said the suspects fled with jewelry and other items. The victims set off the panic alarm to alert police.
The victims were still trying to determine exactly what was taken. The teenager was taken to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
The victims did not get a good look at the suspects. It is unknown why the home was targeted. Residents learning about the crime can't believe it.
"I walk this neighborhood every single morning, and the most trouble is people whose dogs interact a little bit in the morning, that's it," said Lynn Culp, a Toluca Lake resident.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
home invasion, los angeles news, john gregory
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Blind, autistic piano prodigy inspires others
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game 11 min ago
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son