Los Angeles News
Toluca Lake home invasion victims tied up
TOLUCA LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A family in Toluca Lake came face to face with armed robbers who broke into their home early Wednesday morning.
The home invasion happened around 1:45 a.m. on Toluca Estates Drive, near Valley Spring Lane. Authorities said three men entered the home through a second-story window and tied up a man, woman and their 16-year-old son. One suspect pistol-whipped the son across the face, according to police.
Investigators said the suspects fled with jewelry and other items. The victims set off the panic alarm to alert police.
The victims were still trying to determine exactly what was taken. The teenager was taken to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
The victims did not get a good look at the suspects. It is unknown why the home was targeted. Residents learning about the crime can't believe it.
"I walk this neighborhood every single morning, and the most trouble is people whose dogs interact a little bit in the morning, that's it," said Lynn Culp, a Toluca Lake resident.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
home invasion, los angeles news, john gregory
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
53 min ago