Los Angeles News
Man stabbed at Cleveland High School campus in Reseda dies
RESEDA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An 18-year-old man was fatally stabbed on the campus of Cleveland High School in Reseda Wednesday.
Los Angeles School Police were searching for two male suspects seen running away through the campus.
The victim, identified by friends as 18-year-old Kevin Orellano, and the two suspects were playing handball on the school's courts when, according to a witness who didn't want to be identified, an argument suddenly broke out.
"It started off as your typical fight, fist fight - a lot of punches being thrown - and later found the victim laying there with a lot of blood," said the witness.
The incident happened just before 4 p.m. on the campus located at 8140 Vanalden Avenue in Reseda. The school was full of student athletes at practice. The suspects ran from the scene and many of the witnesses ran after them.
"They went through that fence and they jumped it and 15 football players were chasing," said a witness who only wanted to be identified as "Gisele."
Gisele said one suspect ran away and the other jumped into a minivan.
Stabbed multiple times, Orellano was rushed to the hospital but didn't survive. The victim was a current student at West Valley Occupational Center and was a former student at Cleveland High. He reportedly went to Cleveland High to play handball regularly. It was earlier reported he was a current student at the high school.
The investigation was ongoing. Police said they have identified a couple of potential suspects and are working with school police to apprehend them.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department's West Valley Community Police Station at (818) 374-7611.
stabbing, homicide investigation, murder, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 23 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video