Los Angeles News
Valley Village hit-and-run: LAPD releases footage of driver
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD is releasing video of the vehicle that hit and killed 18-year-old David Granados at a Valley Village intersection last month.
Granados was on his bicycle when he was struck and killed March 24. The driver, who police say had sped through an intersection, kept going.
The video was taken from a nearby surveillance camera. Police are looking for the white or silver Mercedes M Class SUV and its male driver, who appears to be in his 50s. The vehicle probably has damage to the passenger side.
Police are asking the City Council to approve a $50,000 reward for information leading to the suspect.
"We know that there were pedestrians on Sunday afternoon, March the 24th. Maybe this will refresh their memory and they will be able to contact us with the information that we need," said LAPD Det. Bill Bustos.
Meantime, Granados' family and friends remember him as a helpful, happy teenager, who was killed just days after his eighteenth birthday.
"People, when they hit a dog, they stop and help the dog, and this is a human being for God's sake. He just ran over him and left like nothing happened," said the victim's father, Jose Granados.
The family is urging anyone with information to help solve the case and bring the family closure.
"There is forgiveness, so just please come out forward," said the victim's sister, Lorena Granados.
hit and run, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought 16 min ago
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 15 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 55 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis