Los Angeles News
Venice standoff: Shirtless suspect climbs on roof
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A burglary suspect climbed on the roof of a building during a standoff with police in Venice Friday morning.
Authorities said the suspect was wanted for breaking into a residence and then running away from police. Police secured an area between 5th and 6th avenues as they tried to convince the suspect to get off the roof.
The standoff forced the evacuation of some residents in the area of 6th and Sunset avenues.
Just before 9:30 a.m., officers were able to talk the suspect off the roof. He was taken into custody without further incident. No one was injured.
standoff, los angeles news
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 22 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 58 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Gay couple plans wedding on Rose Parade float
2 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
52 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
53 min ago