Los Angeles News
2 drivers killed in Palmdale head-on collision
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two drivers were killed in a head-on collision in Palmdale Thursday night.
The California Highway Patrol was notified of a crash at 9:49 p.m. at 170th Street East and Avenue S-8.
Huntington Beach resident Emily Taylor, 49, was driving south on 170th when her Toyota Prius drifted into northbound lanes "for an unknown reason," according to the CHP.
The car collided with a Honda Accord driven northbound by Hesperia resident Alejandro Alvizures, 31.
Both drivers died at the scene.
"The investigation is still ongoing," the CHP reported. "Alcohol may have been a factor in this collision."
City News Service contributed to this report.
car crash, los angeles news
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour 58 min ago
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 45 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again 22 min ago
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet
- Oxnard nursery relieved plants didn't freeze
56 min ago
- Fugetsu-Do makes fresh, delicious mochi
34 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
17 min ago
- Ceremony honors LA's unclaimed dead
28 min ago