Los Angeles News
Long Beach police shoot, kill suspect after report of armed man in neighborhood
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed by Long Beach police, who were responding to a call about a man with a gun.
The shooting occurred at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday on Artesia Boulevard and Butler Avenue.
Police say the suspect ran from the responding officer as soon as he arrived on scene. During the chase, investigators say the suspect brandished a handgun. That's when the officer shot the suspect in the upper body.
The suspect was transported to an area hospital, where he later died.
The officer was not hurt.
Police say a handgun was recovered at the scene. The identity of the suspect was not immediately released.
long beach, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 11 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Cañada Flintridge 17 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 30 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 7 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 11 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks