Los Angeles News
Hollywood nightclub shooting: Man critically injured
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Chaos erupted inside a Hollywood club early Monday morning after a man was shot, police said.
The shooting happened around 1 a.m. at a club called MyStudio on the 6600 block of Hollywood Boulevard.
Authorities said the shooter got away before police arrived. The victim was hit in his upper body and was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. No suspect information was immediately available.
"We were in the club, we heard the shots, everybody hit the floor. It was crazy," said club-goer Michael Lewis. "People were falling. It was pandemonium."
It is unclear what led up to the shooting. Police said officers never had any problems with the club in the past. Investigators are looking into whether gangs were involved.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollywood station at (213) 485-4302.
shooting, hollywood, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 30 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break