Los Angeles News
Hollywood nightclub shooting: Man critically injured
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Chaos erupted inside a Hollywood club early Monday morning after a man was shot, police said.
The shooting happened around 1 a.m. at a club called MyStudio on the 6600 block of Hollywood Boulevard.
Authorities said the shooter got away before police arrived. The victim was hit in his upper body and was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. No suspect information was immediately available.
"We were in the club, we heard the shots, everybody hit the floor. It was crazy," said club-goer Michael Lewis. "People were falling. It was pandemonium."
It is unclear what led up to the shooting. Police said officers never had any problems with the club in the past. Investigators are looking into whether gangs were involved.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollywood station at (213) 485-4302.
shooting, hollywood, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons