Los Angeles News
USC building fire prompts evacuation; no injuries reported
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Firefighters responded to the USC campus after a fire erupted at an office in an eight-story campus building Tuesday.
The fire was reported coming from a fourth floor office on the 3600 block of Watt Way around 9:42 a.m.
Firefighters say there was heavy smoke but the fire was quickly controlled by a sprinkler system.
The fire was fully contained in less than 10 minutes.
Officials say USC staff managed to coordinate an orderly evacuation.
No injuries were reported. Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey says the fire may have been caused by computer equipment.
The investigation is ongoing.
fire, usc, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 4 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 24 min ago
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster 17 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 27 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg 32 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Highway dedicated to detective Jeremiah...
23 min ago