Los Angeles News
USC building fire prompts evacuation; no injuries reported
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Firefighters responded to the USC campus after a fire erupted at an office in an eight-story campus building Tuesday.
The fire was reported coming from a fourth floor office on the 3600 block of Watt Way around 9:42 a.m.
Firefighters say there was heavy smoke but the fire was quickly controlled by a sprinkler system.
The fire was fully contained in less than 10 minutes.
Officials say USC staff managed to coordinate an orderly evacuation.
No injuries were reported. Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey says the fire may have been caused by computer equipment.
The investigation is ongoing.
fire, usc, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 46 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones 41 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)