Los Angeles News
Police use of force under scrutiny after DUI suspect dies in custody
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A use-of-force investigation is under way after a DUI suspect died while in police custody.
Authorities say 50-year-old Mark Thomas Couturier was suspected in a drunken driving crash at the beginning of April in the 400 block of North Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles.
Police say Couturier attempted to flee the scene, so an officer deployed his Taser gun.
The man then sustained a laceration to the face while officers were trying to take him down. He was then found to be unresponsive.
Couturier was pronounced dead at the hospital shortly after arriving.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact Los Angeles police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
dui, lapd, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter