Los Angeles News
Police use of force under scrutiny after DUI suspect dies in custody
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A use-of-force investigation is under way after a DUI suspect died while in police custody.
Authorities say 50-year-old Mark Thomas Couturier was suspected in a drunken driving crash at the beginning of April in the 400 block of North Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles.
Police say Couturier attempted to flee the scene, so an officer deployed his Taser gun.
The man then sustained a laceration to the face while officers were trying to take him down. He was then found to be unresponsive.
Couturier was pronounced dead at the hospital shortly after arriving.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact Los Angeles police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
dui, lapd, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 52 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support 5 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32 31 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)