Los Angeles News
Robbery suspect shot, killed by LAPD near downtown LA
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A robbery suspect was shot and killed by police near downtown Los Angeles Wednesday.
Authorities say an undercover officer spotted what appeared to be a robbery in progress by a man with a gun inside a market on the corner of 5th and Wall streets at about 9:30 a.m.
The suspect left the market, and there was an officer-involved shooting. An LAPD spokesperson says the suspect continued to run but came across two more officers. A second officer-involved shooting occurred.
The suspect fell to the ground and died at the scene. His name was not released. No officers were hurt.
Streets in the area were temporarily closed due to the investigation.
downtown, lapd, officer-involved shooting, shooting, los angeles news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 28 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 23 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 13 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis