Los Angeles News
Robbery suspect shot, killed by LAPD near downtown LA
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A robbery suspect was shot and killed by police near downtown Los Angeles Wednesday.
Authorities say an undercover officer spotted what appeared to be a robbery in progress by a man with a gun inside a market on the corner of 5th and Wall streets at about 9:30 a.m.
The suspect left the market, and there was an officer-involved shooting. An LAPD spokesperson says the suspect continued to run but came across two more officers. A second officer-involved shooting occurred.
The suspect fell to the ground and died at the scene. His name was not released. No officers were hurt.
Streets in the area were temporarily closed due to the investigation.
downtown, lapd, officer-involved shooting, shooting, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 7 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 3 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)