Los Angeles News
Los Angeles Kings, Children's Hospital LA hold 8-day platelet drive
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Children's Hospital Los Angeles started an eight-day platelet drive on Wednesday with an added bonus for Los Angeles Kings fans.
As a thank you, donors will be entered into a drawing for Kings playoff tickets. One lucky donor will also have the chance to win a Kings game-used autographed stick.
The event has been dubbed "Platelets for Playoffs" and was also held last year during the Kings' run to the Stanley Cup.
Hospital officials say they helped over 300 children with platelets donated by Kings fans last year.
To learn more about this platelet drive, visit www.kings.nhl.com.
health, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role