Los Angeles News
Los Angeles Kings, Children's Hospital LA hold 8-day platelet drive
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Children's Hospital Los Angeles started an eight-day platelet drive on Wednesday with an added bonus for Los Angeles Kings fans.
As a thank you, donors will be entered into a drawing for Kings playoff tickets. One lucky donor will also have the chance to win a Kings game-used autographed stick.
The event has been dubbed "Platelets for Playoffs" and was also held last year during the Kings' run to the Stanley Cup.
Hospital officials say they helped over 300 children with platelets donated by Kings fans last year.
To learn more about this platelet drive, visit www.kings.nhl.com.
health, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate