Los Angeles News
Los Angeles Kings, Children's Hospital LA hold 8-day platelet drive
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Children's Hospital Los Angeles started an eight-day platelet drive on Wednesday with an added bonus for Los Angeles Kings fans.
As a thank you, donors will be entered into a drawing for Kings playoff tickets. One lucky donor will also have the chance to win a Kings game-used autographed stick.
The event has been dubbed "Platelets for Playoffs" and was also held last year during the Kings' run to the Stanley Cup.
Hospital officials say they helped over 300 children with platelets donated by Kings fans last year.
To learn more about this platelet drive, visit www.kings.nhl.com.
health, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 10 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
49 min ago