Los Angeles News
Deputy-involved shooting in Santa Clarita
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy was involved in a shooting in Santa Clarita Wednesday night.
The shooting happened near Sierra Highway and Soledad Canyon Road. At least one deputy fired at a suspect. It was not immediately known if a suspect was hit. The department said deputies were shot at by a suspect.
Deputies set up a large containment area to search for an armed suspect, according to the department.
Deputies were searching for a suspect described as a white man about 28 years old wearing a black shirt, gray shorts and a blue hat, and armed with a gun. If you see someone matching that description, call 911 immediately.
shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 20 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 1 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 42 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 8 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Local mountains get fresh blanket of snow
33 min ago
- Jeremy Renner discusses future roles
23 min ago