Los Angeles News
Deputy-involved shooting in Santa Clarita
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy was involved in a shooting in Santa Clarita Wednesday night.
The shooting happened near Sierra Highway and Soledad Canyon Road. At least one deputy fired at a suspect. It was not immediately known if a suspect was hit. The department said deputies were shot at by a suspect.
Deputies set up a large containment area to search for an armed suspect, according to the department.
Deputies were searching for a suspect described as a white man about 28 years old wearing a black shirt, gray shorts and a blue hat, and armed with a gun. If you see someone matching that description, call 911 immediately.
shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 38 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 1 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 1 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 40 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 59 min ago
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...