Los Angeles News
Compton double-shooting leaves man dead
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies are asking for the public's help to solve a double shooting in Compton that left one man dead.
The shooting happened around 4:20 a.m. Sunday on the 500 block of Long Beach Boulevard. Investigators said two men were standing in front of a strip mall when they were both shot.
They were rushed to a hospital. One of the men, a 21-year-old, died at the scene. The other shooting victim, a 23-year-old man, was in stable condition.
Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 38 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 55 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 39 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 16 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'