Los Angeles News
Compton building fire arson suspect sought
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- An arson investigation is under way in Compton following what appears to be a case of arson by truck.
Firefighters were called to a strip mall on the intersection of Santa Fe Avenue and Pine Street around 2:30 a.m. after a truck crashed into a building.
When they arrived, they found the truck as well as the building on fire. Detectives say the pickup truck bounced off a metal roll-up door, minimizing damage to the building.
The driver of the truck fled the scene.
The flames were put out quickly, but authorities say they believe the blaze was an intentional act of arson based on at least on one previous incident involving the property.
The investigation is ongoing.
CNS contributed to this report.
fire, car crash, arson, los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 26 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 22 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)