Los Angeles News
Compton building fire arson suspect sought
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- An arson investigation is under way in Compton following what appears to be a case of arson by truck.
Firefighters were called to a strip mall on the intersection of Santa Fe Avenue and Pine Street around 2:30 a.m. after a truck crashed into a building.
When they arrived, they found the truck as well as the building on fire. Detectives say the pickup truck bounced off a metal roll-up door, minimizing damage to the building.
The driver of the truck fled the scene.
The flames were put out quickly, but authorities say they believe the blaze was an intentional act of arson based on at least on one previous incident involving the property.
The investigation is ongoing.
CNS contributed to this report.
fire, car crash, arson, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 4 min ago
- IE domestic violence murder suspect at large 37 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk 29 min ago
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike 10 min ago
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate