Los Angeles News
Ranchos Palos Verdes murder: 2nd suspect arrested
RANCHO PALOS VERDES, Calif. (KABC) -- A second arrest has been made in connection to a body that was found inside a burning SUV in Rancho Palos Verdes.
Authorities said Wednesday they arrested 18-year-old Jose Angel Martinez of Compton in connection with the murder of 42-year-old Long Beach resident Christopher Waters.
Waters' body was found last month in a burning SUV in the 30100 block of Miraleste Drive. A 17-year-old male turned himself in last week. The teen's name has not been released.
Martinez is being held on $1 million bail and is scheduled to be in court Friday.
There's no word on a motive or what relationship, if any, the suspects had to Waters.
body found, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 54 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 3 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 5 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 24 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...