Los Angeles News
Van Nuys cellphone store owner found shot dead in shop
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The owner of a cellphone shop in Van Nuys was found shot dead inside his business Friday. Los Angeles police are treating the case as a homicide.
Police found the man shot in the head inside 405 Wireless Accessories, located at Saticoy Street and Sepulveda Boulevard.
The 33-year-old talked to his loved ones Thursday night, but never came home. According to police, the victim's family members reported him missing Friday. He was also supposed to pick up his daughter, but he never showed up.
Police met with the family around 3 p.m. According to police, the door was locked and there were no signs of a break in.
"They gave us permission to break the door open to go into the business. At that time, we found the victim deceased in the business, a victim of a gunshot to his head," said LAPD Capt. Ivan Minsa.
Police said there was no weapon found near the body, prompting them to treat the incident as a homicide. Police say it's unknown if anything was stolen from the store.
Detectives are talking to the victim's family in hopes of gathering more information. A Ford F-150 parked outside the store was also dusted for fingerprints and towed away.
An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the LAPD at 1-800-222-TIPS.
shooting, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis