Los Angeles News
Van Nuys cellphone store owner found shot dead in shop
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The owner of a cellphone shop in Van Nuys was found shot dead inside his business Friday. Los Angeles police are treating the case as a homicide.
Police found the man shot in the head inside 405 Wireless Accessories, located at Saticoy Street and Sepulveda Boulevard.
The 33-year-old talked to his loved ones Thursday night, but never came home. According to police, the victim's family members reported him missing Friday. He was also supposed to pick up his daughter, but he never showed up.
Police met with the family around 3 p.m. According to police, the door was locked and there were no signs of a break in.
"They gave us permission to break the door open to go into the business. At that time, we found the victim deceased in the business, a victim of a gunshot to his head," said LAPD Capt. Ivan Minsa.
Police said there was no weapon found near the body, prompting them to treat the incident as a homicide. Police say it's unknown if anything was stolen from the store.
Detectives are talking to the victim's family in hopes of gathering more information. A Ford F-150 parked outside the store was also dusted for fingerprints and towed away.
An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the LAPD at 1-800-222-TIPS.
shooting, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images 28 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 4 32 min ago
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot 13 min ago
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- New Jersey teen who sued parents returns home
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons