Los Angeles News
Harbor Gateway shooting suspect arrested
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspect in a Harbor Gateway shooting that left three men dead and a fourth wounded has been arrested, the LAPD announced Saturday.
The suspect, 28-year-old Narada Brooks, was arrested Friday night at an apartment building in La Habra. He is charged with three counts of murder and is being held without bail.
Brooks' connection to the victims is unclear, but investigators say it appears he acted alone.
"Just through the detectives' follow-up, it appears that he is the only one wanted for the shooting," said LAPD Officer Sarah Faden, adding that the investigation remains active.
The shooting happened around 5:30 a.m. Friday in an apartment in 1600 block of West 205th Street in Harbor Gateway. Three men were killed, and a man was found with a gunshot wound to his leg a few blocks away near Western Avenue and Del Amo Boulevard. Authorities tracked him down by a blood trail. He is in the hospital in fair condition.
It is unclear what led to the shooting.
arrest, shooting, homicide investigation, murder, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake 19 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego 1 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)