Los Angeles News
Harbor Gateway shooting suspect arrested
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspect in a Harbor Gateway shooting that left three men dead and a fourth wounded has been arrested, the LAPD announced Saturday.
The suspect, 28-year-old Narada Brooks, was arrested Friday night at an apartment building in La Habra. He is charged with three counts of murder and is being held without bail.
Brooks' connection to the victims is unclear, but investigators say it appears he acted alone.
"Just through the detectives' follow-up, it appears that he is the only one wanted for the shooting," said LAPD Officer Sarah Faden, adding that the investigation remains active.
The shooting happened around 5:30 a.m. Friday in an apartment in 1600 block of West 205th Street in Harbor Gateway. Three men were killed, and a man was found with a gunshot wound to his leg a few blocks away near Western Avenue and Del Amo Boulevard. Authorities tracked him down by a blood trail. He is in the hospital in fair condition.
It is unclear what led to the shooting.
arrest, shooting, homicide investigation, murder, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 2 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)