Los Angeles News
Mother's Day shoppers pack downtown Los Angeles Flower District
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Shoppers packed the Flower District in downtown Los Angeles Sunday for some last-minute Mother's Day shopping.
The California Flower Mall was buzzing with activity, as Angelenos searched for that perfect bouquet for the most special woman in their lives - mom!
Workers have been busy around the clock, and say customers will see the best prices Sunday since the venders are looking to move out their merchandise.
The California Flower Mall is open to the trade and public with no membership required, said Hilda Jimenez, the mall's operating director. Once you've purchased the flowers, Jimenez advised cutting the stems at a 45-degree angle and keeping them in fresh water with two aspirin to make the blooms last.
mother's day, holiday, downtown, los angeles news, q mccray
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 50 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break