Los Angeles News
Teacher's aide arrested for fondling mentally challenged Lawndale student
LAWNDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A teacher's aide was arrested Friday for fondling a student at Leuzinger High School in Lawndale.
Juan Carlos Gutierrez, 60, was arrested on a warrant for three misdemeanor counts of annoying or molesting a child. Gutierrez remained in custody Monday on $60,000 bond and was scheduled for a Tuesday arraignment in Torrance. It was earlier reported by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department that Gutierrez was released on bond Saturday.
On May 7, Gutierrez allegedly accompanied a 16-year-old mentally challenged female student into a stairwell at the school where he fondled her over her clothing, the sheriff's department said. Surveillance cameras captured the incident.
Other students witnessed the incident and reported it to the school principal.
The sheriff's department is seeking further possible victims. Anyone with information about similar conduct by Gutierrez should call the Sheriff's Dept. Special Victims Unit at (877) 710-LASD.
arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 3 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 32 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 35 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 6 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court 53 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 46 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis