Los Angeles News
Teacher's aide arrested for fondling mentally challenged Lawndale student
LAWNDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A teacher's aide was arrested Friday for fondling a student at Leuzinger High School in Lawndale.
Juan Carlos Gutierrez, 60, was arrested on a warrant for three misdemeanor counts of annoying or molesting a child. Gutierrez remained in custody Monday on $60,000 bond and was scheduled for a Tuesday arraignment in Torrance. It was earlier reported by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department that Gutierrez was released on bond Saturday.
On May 7, Gutierrez allegedly accompanied a 16-year-old mentally challenged female student into a stairwell at the school where he fondled her over her clothing, the sheriff's department said. Surveillance cameras captured the incident.
Other students witnessed the incident and reported it to the school principal.
The sheriff's department is seeking further possible victims. Anyone with information about similar conduct by Gutierrez should call the Sheriff's Dept. Special Victims Unit at (877) 710-LASD.
arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 22 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery 38 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting 35 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64 20 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14