Los Angeles News
Pipe rendered safe on 605 Freeway in Cerritos
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- CHP shut down the 605 Freeway near South Street in Cerritos to investigate a suspected pipe bomb Tuesday.
The suspicious object was spotted in an abandoned Audi sedan just off the freeway around 12:15 a.m.
The investigation prompted the closure of all freeway lanes in both directions as the bomb squad responded and removed the object with a remote control robot.
The suspected pipe bomb was then blown up in the freeway median and rendered safe.
Authorities said the suspicious object was just a pipe. It turned out to contain no explosives.
All lanes of the 605 Freeway were reopened in both directions around 2 a.m.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand 35 min ago
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate 19 min ago
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out 15 min ago
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report