Los Angeles News
Pipe rendered safe on 605 Freeway in Cerritos
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- CHP shut down the 605 Freeway near South Street in Cerritos to investigate a suspected pipe bomb Tuesday.
The suspicious object was spotted in an abandoned Audi sedan just off the freeway around 12:15 a.m.
The investigation prompted the closure of all freeway lanes in both directions as the bomb squad responded and removed the object with a remote control robot.
The suspected pipe bomb was then blown up in the freeway median and rendered safe.
Authorities said the suspicious object was just a pipe. It turned out to contain no explosives.
All lanes of the 605 Freeway were reopened in both directions around 2 a.m.
suspicious object, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 32 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 4 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
7 min ago