Los Angeles News
Dad allegedly drove drunk, hid beer cans in diaper bag - Glendale police
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A local dad is in police custody, accused of driving drunk with two kids in the car and six empty beer cans hidden in a diaper bag.
Juan Peralta was stopped by Glendale police after he allegedly hit a Volkswagen and didn't pull over.
The 31-year-old told officers he was trying to rush his daughters, ages 1 and 4, to the hospital. The girls' mother was also in the car and wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
Police say Peralta had alcohol on his breath when he told officers he fled the scene of the crash because he doesn't have a driver's license.
Peralta is in custody on $100,000 bail. He has been ordered by the court to stay away from his daughters and not to drive minors until further notice. He is due in court later in May.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
dui, arrest, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 47 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 47 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Two smart watch models put to the test
27 min ago