Los Angeles News
South LA domestic dispute, shooting suspect kills bicyclist during getaway attempt
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bicyclist was killed after a shooting suspect in South Los Angeles crashed into him while trying to flee police.
It all started at the corner of 84th Street and Avalon Boulevard, where the suspect was involved in a domestic dispute. Police say he smashed and shot up a car that belongs to the suspect's baby's mother.
Investigators say the couple got into an argument at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. When the fight began to escalate, the woman called 911. When police showed up with a helicopter, the suspect tried to get away in his car, and that's when he slammed into the bicyclist.
The cyclist, who was pronounced dead at the scene, was not immediately identified. He was described as a man between 30 and 40 years old.
After slamming into the bicyclist, authorities say the suspect tried to flee on foot. However, he was quickly apprehended and arrested. Investigators have yet to release his name, except to say he is between 20 and 30 years old.
south los angeles, shooting, los angeles news, q mccray
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor 19 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
58 min ago