Los Angeles News
South LA domestic dispute, shooting suspect kills bicyclist during getaway attempt
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bicyclist was killed after a shooting suspect in South Los Angeles crashed into him while trying to flee police.
It all started at the corner of 84th Street and Avalon Boulevard, where the suspect was involved in a domestic dispute. Police say he smashed and shot up a car that belongs to the suspect's baby's mother.
Investigators say the couple got into an argument at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. When the fight began to escalate, the woman called 911. When police showed up with a helicopter, the suspect tried to get away in his car, and that's when he slammed into the bicyclist.
The cyclist, who was pronounced dead at the scene, was not immediately identified. He was described as a man between 30 and 40 years old.
After slamming into the bicyclist, authorities say the suspect tried to flee on foot. However, he was quickly apprehended and arrested. Investigators have yet to release his name, except to say he is between 20 and 30 years old.
south los angeles, shooting, los angeles news, q mccray
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 10 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 13 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants