Los Angeles News
Argument escalates to fatal shooting in Acton; suspect arrested
ACTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was taken into custody in Acton, accused of fatally shooting a man during a heated argument.
The incident happened Tuesday on the 1500 block of Eagle-Butte Road. The victim is 39-year-old Christopher Demyen of Acton.
Authorities say it appears Demyen and the suspect got into an argument that escalated. Investigators say the 56-year-old suspect pulled out a gun and shot Demyen in the upper torso. Demyen was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect was arrested, but his identity was not released.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, fight, arrest, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 36 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student 44 min ago
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi 21 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 31 min ago
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly lyrics