Los Angeles News
Argument escalates to fatal shooting in Acton; suspect arrested
ACTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was taken into custody in Acton, accused of fatally shooting a man during a heated argument.
The incident happened Tuesday on the 1500 block of Eagle-Butte Road. The victim is 39-year-old Christopher Demyen of Acton.
Authorities say it appears Demyen and the suspect got into an argument that escalated. Investigators say the 56-year-old suspect pulled out a gun and shot Demyen in the upper torso. Demyen was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect was arrested, but his identity was not released.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, fight, arrest, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
8 min ago