Los Angeles News
Student hurt during confrontation at West Adams Prep
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A female student was injured during a confrontation at West Adams Prep High School in Los Angeles, but it's unclear what triggered the violence.
Authorities say the victim suffered superficial cuts from knife on the third floor of the school in the 1500 block of West Washington Boulevard. The victim was taken to a local hospital for cuts on her arm.
LAPD confirmed that the suspect was either an older sister or relative of one of the girls who was involved in the altercation.
The suspect fled the campus following the attack and has not been located yet. She was described as being 18 or 19 years old, slim build, 5 feet 9 inches, with a three-dot tattoo under her left eye.
Parents were notified about the incident, and classes resumed at the school.
stabbing, los angeles news, miriam hernandez
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 1 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked 38 min ago
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate