Los Angeles News
2 people pepper sprayed in Long Beach jewelry store robbery
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for three masked men who pepper sprayed two people during a jewelry store robbery in Long Beach.
Police say the three men burst into Rush-A-Fix Jewelry & Watch Repair before 2 p.m. and used pepper spray on a clerk and a customer, a woman in her 20s.
"They were coming out blinded, gagging, throwing up," said witness Edward Howton.
The suspects busted open display cases and were able to take off with an unknown amount of jewelry, according to Long Beach Police Sgt. Aaron Eaton.
"It was a very fast robbery, a way to get in and get out," he said.
The clerk and the customer are expected to be OK.
Police say the three suspects left the store in a light-colored SUV. Anyone with information is asked to call Long Beach police at (562) 570-7464.
robbery, long beach, los angeles news, eileen frere
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights 4 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report