Los Angeles News
Former Whittier teacher accused of having sex with student
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A former history teacher at a Whittier high school was arrested for allegedly having sex with a student.
John Orellano, 34, of Cypress, is scheduled to be arraigned Friday in Norwalk. Orellano recently resigned from California High School.
The investigation into Orellano began a month ago after school officials notified authorities about illicit text messages from Orellano to the now 17-year-old female student. Further investigation revealed a sexual relationship between the two.
Investigators said the victim and the suspect maintained a friendly relationship for two years starting when the student was 15 years old. They said the relationship became sexual shortly after Orellano began sending her illicit text messages in January.
He was arrested Wednesday for unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor and is being held on $240,000 bail.
sex crimes, los angeles news
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 57 min ago
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged 26 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 14 min ago
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest 44 min ago
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Shaving heads to help fight childhood cancer
40 min ago