Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles shooting victim drove himself to police station; incident appears gang related
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man drove himself to the police station in South Los Angeles after he was shot while sitting in his car.
The man drove to the Los Angeles Police Department's Southwest Station late Friday night and collapsed. He told officers he was inside his car nearby at Vermont and Vernon avenues when someone shot him.
Medics took the man to an area hospital with critical injuries.
Police told Eyewitness News they believe this was a gang-related shooting.
Authorities have not released the victim's name or information about any suspects.
south los angeles, gang activity, shooting, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 9 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
14 min ago