Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles shooting victim drove himself to police station; incident appears gang related
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man drove himself to the police station in South Los Angeles after he was shot while sitting in his car.
The man drove to the Los Angeles Police Department's Southwest Station late Friday night and collapsed. He told officers he was inside his car nearby at Vermont and Vernon avenues when someone shot him.
Medics took the man to an area hospital with critical injuries.
Police told Eyewitness News they believe this was a gang-related shooting.
Authorities have not released the victim's name or information about any suspects.
south los angeles, gang activity, shooting, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 49 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 8 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 6 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 23 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 13 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 46 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable 56 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)