Los Angeles News
Machete-wielding man shot dead by Inglewood police at station
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man allegedly armed with a machete-like blade was shot and killed by Inglewood police Saturday after smashing the windows of eight squad cars parked on the grounds of their police station.
The suspect, whose name was not released, was struck by police gunfire just before 6 p.m. as he allegedly approached an officer who confronted him during the rampage.
"The suspect approached him with what was described as a machete or a small sword. He approached the officer and an officer-involved shooting ensued," said Inglewood Police Lt. Gabriela Garcia.
The suspect was transported to a hospital where he later died of his wounds.
The man's motive was not known.
No officers were hurt.
City News Service contributed to this report.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 18 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 53 min ago
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds