Los Angeles News
Machete-wielding man shot dead by Inglewood police at station
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man allegedly armed with a machete-like blade was shot and killed by Inglewood police Saturday after smashing the windows of eight squad cars parked on the grounds of their police station.
The suspect, whose name was not released, was struck by police gunfire just before 6 p.m. as he allegedly approached an officer who confronted him during the rampage.
"The suspect approached him with what was described as a machete or a small sword. He approached the officer and an officer-involved shooting ensued," said Inglewood Police Lt. Gabriela Garcia.
The suspect was transported to a hospital where he later died of his wounds.
The man's motive was not known.
No officers were hurt.
City News Service contributed to this report.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour