Los Angeles News
Winning Powerball ticket sold hour late to Pasadena woman
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- What if you had all six winning Powerball numbers, but couldn't claim the jackpot? It happened to one Pasadena woman.
Margit Arrobio purchased five Powerball tickets at a local Shell gas station Wednesday evening for a chance to win that night's jackpot, which at the time was $360 million.
The next morning, Arrobio tuned into ABC's Good Morning America for the winning numbers and found out that her card matched all six numbers, but the television show reported that no winning ticket had been sold.
So what was the problem? Arrobio bought her ticket a little too late.
"I called my gas station where I bought the ticket and I said, 'I don't get it. I have every number and yet they say there's no winner,'" Arrobio said.
The person at the gas station asked her what time she made the purchase, and that's when Arrobio realized she'd bought the ticket around 8 p.m., about an hour after the numbers had already been announced.
Arrobio said she was first shocked and then disappointed.
The Powerball jackpot climbed up to $590.5 million on Saturday. The single winning ticket was sold at a supermarket in Florida.
lottery, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition 17 min ago
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park 3 min ago
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 1 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
50 min ago