Los Angeles News
Hollywood High School awarded High School Musical Theatre Award honor
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- Hollywood High School was crowned the 2013 winner of the prestigious High School Musical Theatre Awards of Los Angeles.
More than 20 high schools showed their talent and courage at the second annual event held at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood Sunday.
But Hollywood High School took home the top honor after performing "96,000" from the Tony Award winning musical "In The Heights."
The Jerry Herman Awards recognizes excellence in high school musical theater.
ABC7's entertainment guru George Pennacchio served as master of ceremonies and was given an award for his support of the arts.
Two students from local schools were also selected to participate in the fifth annual National High School Musical Theater Awards show set to take place in July in New York City.
award shows, school, hollywood, new york, los angeles news
- Multi-vehicle crash shuts 405 South lanes 40 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released 54 min ago
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover 57 min ago
- Baldwin Village fire likely sparked by candle 8 min ago
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen 40 min ago
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video