Los Angeles News
Hollywood High School awarded High School Musical Theatre Award honor
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- Hollywood High School was crowned the 2013 winner of the prestigious High School Musical Theatre Awards of Los Angeles.
More than 20 high schools showed their talent and courage at the second annual event held at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood Sunday.
But Hollywood High School took home the top honor after performing "96,000" from the Tony Award winning musical "In The Heights."
The Jerry Herman Awards recognizes excellence in high school musical theater.
ABC7's entertainment guru George Pennacchio served as master of ceremonies and was given an award for his support of the arts.
Two students from local schools were also selected to participate in the fifth annual National High School Musical Theater Awards show set to take place in July in New York City.
award shows, school, hollywood, new york, los angeles news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians