Los Angeles News
Police officer in Norwalk accused of molesting 14-year-old girl
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- A local police officer has been arrested, accused of having a sexual relationship with a young girl.
Mario Estrada is a police officer for the California Department of State Hospitals. He was assigned to the Metropolitan State Hospital in Norwalk.
Police believe he befriended the 14-year-old victim this year and say he allegedly molested her.
Estrada is being held on $15 million bail. He was slated to make his first court appearance on Thursday.
sex crimes, los angeles news
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary 45 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown 22 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?