Los Angeles News
Police officer in Norwalk accused of molesting 14-year-old girl
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- A local police officer has been arrested, accused of having a sexual relationship with a young girl.
Mario Estrada is a police officer for the California Department of State Hospitals. He was assigned to the Metropolitan State Hospital in Norwalk.
Police believe he befriended the 14-year-old victim this year and say he allegedly molested her.
Estrada is being held on $15 million bail. He was slated to make his first court appearance on Thursday.
sex crimes, los angeles news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors