Los Angeles News
Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Family members of a 17-year-old boy stabbed to death at a February party are pleading for witnesses to come forward.
Detectives say Roberto Rizo was stabbed after an argument broke out at a party in Van Nuys. Police released composite sketches of two suspects wanted in the case.
There were about 150 people at the party on Feb. 16 near Sherman Way and Haskell Avenue. The victim's family members are asking other party goers to come forward with information.
"You're out there, and you're taking pictures like crazy, you know, you're young and you're taking pictures. Someone saw something. Please, put yourself in our shoes, our family's shoes, and come forward, help us out," said Rizo's cousin, Gabriela Sandoval.
After he was attacked, Rizo was transported to an area hospital for emergency surgery for multiple stab wounds to the upper body. However, he died on Feb. 18 from his injuries.
If you have information that can help, you are urged to call (877) LAPD-24 or (877) 527-3247.
stabbing, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 52 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease 30 min ago
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe? 25 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
20 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
13 min ago