Los Angeles News
Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Family members of a 17-year-old boy stabbed to death at a February party are pleading for witnesses to come forward.
Detectives say Roberto Rizo was stabbed after an argument broke out at a party in Van Nuys. Police released composite sketches of two suspects wanted in the case.
There were about 150 people at the party on Feb. 16 near Sherman Way and Haskell Avenue. The victim's family members are asking other party goers to come forward with information.
"You're out there, and you're taking pictures like crazy, you know, you're young and you're taking pictures. Someone saw something. Please, put yourself in our shoes, our family's shoes, and come forward, help us out," said Rizo's cousin, Gabriela Sandoval.
After he was attacked, Rizo was transported to an area hospital for emergency surgery for multiple stab wounds to the upper body. However, he died on Feb. 18 from his injuries.
If you have information that can help, you are urged to call (877) LAPD-24 or (877) 527-3247.
stabbing, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 36 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 15 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 4 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 53 min ago
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...