Los Angeles News
Citibank in Tarzana robbed; suspects get away
TARZANA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police have called off the search for a pair of bank robbers who held up a Citibank in Tarzana on Thursday morning.
Authorities say the Citibank on the corner of Tampa Avenue and Ventura Boulevard was robbed at about 10:15 a.m. The suspects fled the location on foot.
Police spent several hours searching for the suspects, setting up a perimeter in the neighborhood near the bank, but somehow, they managed to slip away.
Investigators say there were two suspects involved. When officers arrived, there was a brief chase, and at one point, they thought they had the suspects cornered in the area of Tampa Avenue and the 101 Freeway.
The Tampa Avenue off-ramp was shut down from the westbound 101 Freeway and began combing several blocks of the neighborhood. The search was called off around 3 p.m.
Police do not have a suspect description available, and there's no word on how much cash they got away with.
los angeles news
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 57 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 32 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 1 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead 40 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 25 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 26 min ago
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family 23 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months