Los Angeles News
Pasadena building evacuated due to suspicious odor
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- An office building in Pasadena was evacuated Friday after people suddenly felt sick. A hazmat team and firefighters rushed to the scene.
Authorities responded to the 300 block of S. Arroyo Parkway at about 1:30 p.m. after some people reported smelling some sort of suspicious odor. About 20 people reportedly having a sudden headache and scratchy throats.
All three floors of the building were evacuated as a precaution, and a triage area was set up outside.
The building houses a fertility clinic and a cosmetic surgery office. Firefighters went through the whole building and checked the air, but they said they found nothing unusual.
Five people were treated off-site. Everyone was eventually allowed back into the building.
pasadena, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 48 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 6 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 43 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 33 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis