Los Angeles News
Pasadena building evacuated due to suspicious odor
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- An office building in Pasadena was evacuated Friday after people suddenly felt sick. A hazmat team and firefighters rushed to the scene.
Authorities responded to the 300 block of S. Arroyo Parkway at about 1:30 p.m. after some people reported smelling some sort of suspicious odor. About 20 people reportedly having a sudden headache and scratchy throats.
All three floors of the building were evacuated as a precaution, and a triage area was set up outside.
The building houses a fertility clinic and a cosmetic surgery office. Firefighters went through the whole building and checked the air, but they said they found nothing unusual.
Five people were treated off-site. Everyone was eventually allowed back into the building.
pasadena, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 9 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months