Los Angeles News
East Los Angeles shooting investigation under way
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in East Los Angeles after a 24-year-old man was fatally shot Sunday.
Sheriff's deputies responded to a shots fired call just after 11:15 p.m. at a party in an apartment complex in the 4200 block of East 1st Street. The deputies found a man suffering from a single gunshot wound to his upper torso.
The unidentified victim was transported to a local hospital, but succumbed to his injuries shortly after.
The motive remains unknown. Investigators said they do not have a description of the shooter.
Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
east los angeles, shooting, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 41 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini
- Grand Central Market has comfort food galore
24 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
15 min ago