Los Angeles News
Stretch of LA River opens for recreation on Memorial Day
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Just in time for Memorial Day, people are able to enjoy more of the Los Angeles River.
A 2.5-mile stretch of the river between Fletcher Avenue and Oso Park has been reopened to the public.
Families can take advantage of various activities including canoeing, kayaking or fishing from dawn to sundown.
The section of the river had been closed to the public since the 1930s.
los angeles news
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 32 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians