Los Angeles News
Van Nuys attempted-kidnap suspect sketches released
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Police Department released sketches of two attempted-kidnapping suspects Friday.
Two men approached a woman in the area of Firmament Avenue and Vanowen Street on Feb. 21 about 11:45 a.m. pretending to ask her for directions. The two men allegedly grabbed her by the arms and tried to force her into their vehicle, police said. The woman screamed and ran away.
The suspects drove northbound on Firmament in a 2005-2008 gray Lexus RX 330 sport utility vehicle with unknown license plates.
The first suspect was described as a 25- to 30-year-old male Hispanic with black hair and brown eyes, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing about 150 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black trenchcoat, black pants and black and gray shoes.
The second suspect was described as a 40- to 50-year-old male Hispanic with black hair and brown eyes, standing 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighing about 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing blue jeans with a black and green shirt.
Anyone with information concerning this incident, especially the identities and locations of the suspects, is asked to contact LAPD Van Nuys Division Detective Alvarez at (818) 374-0040. During non-business hours, calls may be directed to a 24-hour, toll-free number at (877) LAPD 247 (877-527-3247). Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (800-222-8477). Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. All text messages should begin with the letters "LAPD." Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.
kidnap, lapd, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains 37 min ago
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final 2 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved 3 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues 18 min ago
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event