Los Angeles News
Bear roams around Granada Hills golf course
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bear that had been roaming around a Granada Hills golf course has been tranquilized and taken out of the area.
Authorities say they received multiple calls about a bear sighting near Knollwood Country Club in the 12000 block of Balboa Boulevard at about 1 p.m. Monday. The bear was seen slowly walking the grounds of the golf course.
About an hour later, a Fish and Wildlife warden was able to tranquilize the bear. The bear was loaded into the back of a pickup truck and transported to a wilderness area.
A local resident reported that the bear appeared to be checking out the chickens in her backyard coop. All the chickens were fine.
Bears are rare in the Granada Hills area, the warden said.
animal news, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 16 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 51 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 34 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 4 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)