Los Angeles News
Bear roams around Granada Hills golf course
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bear that had been roaming around a Granada Hills golf course has been tranquilized and taken out of the area.
Authorities say they received multiple calls about a bear sighting near Knollwood Country Club in the 12000 block of Balboa Boulevard at about 1 p.m. Monday. The bear was seen slowly walking the grounds of the golf course.
About an hour later, a Fish and Wildlife warden was able to tranquilize the bear. The bear was loaded into the back of a pickup truck and transported to a wilderness area.
A local resident reported that the bear appeared to be checking out the chickens in her backyard coop. All the chickens were fine.
Bears are rare in the Granada Hills area, the warden said.
animal news, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 8 min ago
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal 26 min ago
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video) 58 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
35 min ago