Los Angeles News
Motorcycle chase ends in CHP arrest of injured rider
SUN VALLEY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed chase of a suspect on a motorcycle ended when the suspect crashed in a construction zone and was arrested by CHP officers Wednesday. The rider smashed side-mirrors on freeway vehicles during the pursuit.
The suspect was riding the motorcycle at high speeds on the westbound 210 Freeway.
The pursuit began in Ontario shortly after 3 p.m., according to the CHP. Officers tried to stop the rider on the 210 at Indian Hill for speeding. He never stopped, and accelerated to speeds of about 85 mph.
The rider was seen punching mirrors on vehicles he was passing on the freeway, and appeared to have injured himself.
The pursuit reached Glendale and then Burbank on the westbound 134 Freeway. The rider then took the northbound 170 Freeway.
CHP motorcycle officers were in close pursuit behind the suspect.
The suspect then veered off the freeway on a closed HOV lane into the dirt track of a construction zone at the 170/5 freeway interchange in Sun Valley. He ditched his motorcycle in the dirt and fell to the ground in a prone position. Two CHP officers quickly arrived with guns drawn and apprehended him.
pursuit, car chase, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 42 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts 6 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 34 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack 45 min ago
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report