Los Angeles News
LAPD captain removed as Rampart commander after drunk driving arrest
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Police Captain Steve Ruiz has been removed as commander of the department's Rampart station after being arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.
A California Highway Patrol officer arrested Ruiz, a 25-year veteran of the force, on the 101 Freeway in Sherman Oaks shortly before 1:30 a.m. on May 30.
The LAPD won't discuss the arrest, but has confirmed that Ruiz is no longer running the Rampart station and has been reassigned pending an investigation.
Ruiz was reportedly not taken to jail. His vehicle was impounded and he was released to a friend or family member.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
lapd, arrest, dui, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law 52 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients 25 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds