Los Angeles News
Suspect arrested for beating Metro bus driver
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- An L.A. man was arrested Saturday, June 1, on suspicion of assaulting a Metro bus operator on May 28.
Edgar Leon, 36, was arrested at his residence after LAPD received information Leon may be the suspect in the assault. Leon was recognized at the door by Metro Sheriff's deputies and was arrested.
A Metro bus operator was assaulted while driving a bus with passengers on board near Central Avenue and 156th Street in Compton.
Leon allegedly implicated himself in the assault during an interview with sheriff's investigators.
Leon was charged Tuesday for felony assault with intent to commit great bodily injury on a transit employee and assault resulting in great bodily injury. He was held on $50,000 bail.
Leon is scheduled for a June 18 court date in Compton.
Assaulting a passenger or a bus operator on a bus or train is a felony.
If you have any information about this incident, please contact Detective James Eggers, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Transit Services Bureau at (213) 922-3625 or (310) 386-5699, or if you wish to remain Anonymous, call L.A. Crime Stoppers by dialing 800-222-TIPS (8477), texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or using the website L.A. Crime Stoppers.
arrest, los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 25 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 5 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
35 min ago