Los Angeles News
Suspect arrested for beating Metro bus driver
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- An L.A. man was arrested Saturday, June 1, on suspicion of assaulting a Metro bus operator on May 28.
Edgar Leon, 36, was arrested at his residence after LAPD received information Leon may be the suspect in the assault. Leon was recognized at the door by Metro Sheriff's deputies and was arrested.
A Metro bus operator was assaulted while driving a bus with passengers on board near Central Avenue and 156th Street in Compton.
Leon allegedly implicated himself in the assault during an interview with sheriff's investigators.
Leon was charged Tuesday for felony assault with intent to commit great bodily injury on a transit employee and assault resulting in great bodily injury. He was held on $50,000 bail.
Leon is scheduled for a June 18 court date in Compton.
Assaulting a passenger or a bus operator on a bus or train is a felony.
If you have any information about this incident, please contact Detective James Eggers, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Transit Services Bureau at (213) 922-3625 or (310) 386-5699, or if you wish to remain Anonymous, call L.A. Crime Stoppers by dialing 800-222-TIPS (8477), texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or using the website L.A. Crime Stoppers.
arrest, los angeles news
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 22 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 24 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 39 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling 11 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 4 min ago